- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia (2013-2016) School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Shortlisted for the 2016 Vice Chancellor’s and RMIT Prizes for Research Excellence. Thesis title: Performance analysis of future wireless networks: node cooperation and aerial networks.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications (BEng), GPA 85.9% (ranking 4th over 63 students), June 2006. BAU University, Beirut, Lebanon (5-years program 2001-2006). Approved By "Engineers Australia" as a Professional Engineer, in Telecommunication ANZSCO code 263311.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2012. The University of Atlanta (Distance Education), Georgia, USA - remote education.
Academic and Industry Appointments
- RMIT University, (July 2013 – Current)
- Senior Lecturer / Program Manager (Master of Network and Telecommunication Eng.), School of Engineering (Jan 2019 – Current)
- Lecturer, School of Engineering (Sep 2016 – Dec 2018)
- Casual Academic (July 2013 – Feb 2016)
- The University of Melbourne, Research Fellow (Mar 2016 - Sep 2016) In this research, I worked on designing innovative automotive radar systems to mitigate the induced interference, by using both mathematical methods (statistical signal processing) and simulation methods (advanced ray-tracing) to analyse and mitigate the interference.
- Inteltec Emirates, Abu Dhabi / Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Engineering Manager (7 Years): During this roll I have succeeded in acquiring, designing and delivering high-tech engineering projects covering different state-of-the-art technologies in:
- Satellite communication networks
- Railway ICT infrastructure
- Cellular radio frequency planning and optimization for indoor coverage (IBS)
- Cellular radio frequency coverage optimization for outdoor networks
In this role, as an Engineering Manager, I supervised technical and commercial bidding responses. After that, as a Program Manager, I oversaw the assigned project managers for executing and delivering these projects, where my team and I still perform the high-tech support and design architecture. The team that I had directly managed averaged around 8 highly skilled engineers / project managers, while the projects I have overseen involved more than 250 personnel. The total value of the projects, that I have managed their bidding and execution, exceeded 200 million USD. Below is the detailed work role during my employment:
- Engineering/Program Manager (2012 - 2013)
- Technical Project Manager (2009 - 2012)
- Radio Frequency Planning Team Leader for Nokia (F.K.A.: Nokia Siemens Networks) (2006 -2009)
- Nokia Siemens Networks (External): System Architecture/Project Coordinator (May 2008 - Aug 2008), My main task in this short-term role was to initiate and boost a country-wide data communication network project for controlling over than 350 optical fibre nodes constituting the backbone of the entire cellular network.
- Engineering Group Contractors (Beirut) (2004 - 2006), Part-Time Research and Development Engineer, Embedded Systems.
Industry Engagement and External Activities
- Provide expertise to the Australian Government (The Australian Communication and Media Authority) through the contribution to the Australian spectrum policy conference and serving as panellist in 2017 and research collaboration on spectrum occupancy in Victoria.
- Engagement with the Victorian water utilities in a funded research project (The results of this project impacted millions of Victorian water users)
- Engagement with 3 Victorian councils (Australian Government) in the “Intelligent asset management / Smart Cities 1” project.
- Engagement with 5 Victorian councils (Australian Government) in the “Northern Melbourne Smart Cities Network, enabling data to drive change / Smart Cities 2” project.
- Engagement with the Royal Children Hospital for research and Capstone Projects for helping children with spinal injuries.
- Engagement with leading Telecommunication Industry (Ericsson) for Capstone projects (Three projects)
- Senior Member in Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (SMIEEE)
- Chartered Engineer Member (CPEng) in Engineers Australia.
- Guest Editor for the special issue on "Satellite Communication" in MDPI, Remote Sensing Journal.
- Reviewer at IEEE Transactions on Communications.
- Reviewer at IEEE Transactions of Vehicular Communications
- Reviewer at IEEE Wireless Communications Letters.
- Reviewer at IEEE Communications Letters.
- Reviewer at IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member, in IEEE International Conference on Communication 2015 (Workshop on next generation green ICT).
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) IEEE Globecom 2017 .
- Reviewer at IEEE International Conference on Communication 2014 (WS-APESEC)
- Reviewer at IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2016-Spring)